Mystery over how mummified Michigan woman who died six years ago managed to VOTE in 2010
- Public records show Pia Farrenkopf voted in Michigan’s 2010 elections
- Mummified remains were found in Farrenkopf’s home last week, which authorities believe belong to the 49-year-old woman
- Police think the body had lain in woman’s Jeep for at least five years
- Farrenkopf was a contractor for Chrysler’s finance department but her employment was terminated in September 2008
- Her bills were automatically withdrawn from her bank account, which at one time contained $54,000
- When the account ran dry the house went into foreclosure
- A contractor for the bank discovered the body after going to the house to undertake roof repairs
- Investigators say it is unlikely the death was a suicide
What really happened?
(Pontiac, Michigan) The mystery of the mummified body of a 49-year-old woman found inside her car in her home’s garage, continues to get stranger by the day. Although the woman is believed to have been deceased for about 6 years, she’s shown to have voted in the November 2010 gubernatorial election.
Pia Farrenkopf is believed to have died in 2008. Her passing went years without notice, only to be discovered recently on March 5th, by a contractor who was at her home on account of the residence going into foreclosure.
For six years, Farrenkopf’s bills were automatically withdrawn for her bank account, she didn’t receive mail at her home after requesting that it not be since she did all her correspondence online, she largely kept to herself and traveled often, all reasoning for raising no suspicion to the neighbors when they hadn’t seen her over the years.
The contractor found her body, mummified, in the back seat of her Jeep Liberty, parked in the attached garage of the home she owned. There was no trauma to her body, according to an autopsy, and no note left behind, but it’s still too early to say how she died, officials said.
Pontiac city records indicate Farrenkopf registered to vote in 2006 and had not voted until 2010, but officials were quick to claim that could have been an administrative error. The city clerk said that someone with an infrequent record like her’s usually only vote in presidential elections as opposed to gubernatorial or smaller elections, which was what she has record of voting in.
The 2010 gubernatorial election was between Republican Rick Snyder and Democrat Virg Bernero, and it has not been revealed what side Farrenkopf voted for.